Posts Tagged ‘ESPCR’
The European Society for Pigment Cell Research (ESPCR) is pleased to announce the co-sponsorship of the 2nd European Days of Albinism (2EDA), a conference organized by, ALBA, the Spanish Association in support of people with albinism, together with a scientific committee of researchers and physicians interested in albinism: Benoît Arveiler (Bordeaux, France), Karen Grønskov (Coppenhagen, Denmark), Barbara Käsmann-Kellner (Homburg, Germany), Vittoria Schiaffino (Milan, Italy) and Lluís Montoliu (Madrid, Spain).
At the 2EDA conference researchers, interested in albinism, will gather with patients and their associations, in order to discuss, in parallel, both scientific and social aspects of albinism, exchanging ideas, projects and initiatives, at the European level, with the collaboration of a number of international experts in the field. This 2EDA meeting, organized by ALBA, the Spanish Association in support of people with albinism, follows a previous successful edition, 1EDA, organized by Genespoir, the French Association in support of people with albinism, in Paris in October 2012, also co-sponsored by the ESPCR. The 2EDA meeting is planned over a weekend, 5-6 April 2014, to allow the participation of patients and their families. On the first day (Saturday, 5 April) scientists and members of the associations will meet separately and discuss their own topics and agendas. On the second day (Sunday, 6 April), first half of the morning is devoted to continue the concurrent sessions and, eventually, both scientists and members of the associations will gather together and summarize the topics discussed and the conclusions/recommendations achieved before all delegates. The aim of this conference series is to promote awareness of albinism, to trigger collaborative research projects on albinism, and to facilitate collaborative efforts between the different associations in support of people with albinism existing in Europe and represented at this meeting.
At the 2EDA conference, the invited speakers that have kindly confirmed their attendance, a number of them also members of the IFPCS, include:
- Robert Aquaron (Marseille, France)
- Esteban Dell’Angelica (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- Benoît Arveiler (Bordeaux, France)
- Murray Brilliant (Marshfield, WI, USA)
- José Carlos García-Borrón (Murcia, Spain)
- Maria van Genderen (Zeist, The Netherlands)
- Karen Grønskov (Coppenhagen, Denmark)
- Michael Hoffmann (Magdeburg, Germany)
- Barbara Käsmann-Kellner (Homburg, Germany)
- Herbert Kirchesch (Pulheim, Germany)
- Valeria Marigo (Modena, Italy)
- Lucia Mauri (Milan, Italy)
- Lluís Montoliu (Madrid, Spain)
- Fanny Morice-Picard (Bordeaux, France)
- Frank Proudlock (Leicester, UK)
- Alexandra Rebsam (Paris, France)
- Vittoria Schiaffino (Milan, Italy)
- Alain Taïeb (Bordeaux, France)
- Pedro de la Villa (Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, Spain)
Registration at reduced fees will be possible until 15 February, and thereafter, standard registration fees will apply, until 15 March: registration deadline.
For those of you with interest in any aspect related to albinism, thanks for registering and looking forward to meeting you all in the beautiful city of Valencia!
Joining the ESPCR or Renewing your ESPCR Membership in 2012 could not be easier! Simply visit the JOIN-RENEW web page within the ESPCR web site and follow the instructions provided. If you need some help or if you have any comment or question please contact the ESPCR Registration Office at email@example.com