REGISTRATION AWARDS OF THE EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR PIGMENT CELL RESEARCH
FOR ATTENDING THE 16th ESPCR ANNUAL MEETING (Hinxton, UK, September 4-7, 2010)
Message from Prof. Alessandra Napolitano, Chair of ESPCR Travel Awards Committee
Naples, February 10, 2010
Dear ESPCR members,
Following a well established tradition The European Society for Pigment Cell Research will provide SEVEN REGISTRATION AWARDS for attendance at XVI ESPCR meeting to be held at Hinxton-Cambridge (United Kingdom), on September 4-7, 2010. Awards will cover exclusively conference registration and accommodation costs (in twin bed rooms), according to the ESPCR 2010 meeting web site. Applicants, typically PhD student or junior scientists, may obtain full details at the espcr web site. Awards will be made by the ESPCR Registration Awards Committee on a competitive basis.
All the best,
General rules: Applicants must:
- Be a PhD student or junior scientist (i.e. postdoctoral or medical resident).
- Be an ESPCR member in good standing (subscription paid).
- Make a contribution (oral or poster) to the conference.
- Have no other source of funds for this purpose. If funds from elsewhere are subsequently obtained, ESPCR should be informed immediately and the application for ESPCR funding withdrawn, or the ESPCR award declined/returned if already made, so that another applicant can be funded.
Deadline for submitting applications is April 30, 2010
Please send an informal letter of application (by e-mail) to :
Prof. Alessandra Napolitano, Chair, ESPCR Travel Awards Committee
- Proof of status (usually a short statement from the supervisor or Head of Department), including the date or expected date of completion of PhD or medical qualification.
- Evidence of non-availability of other funds (usually part of the statement from the supervisor or Head of Department). Please state if other applications for funding are being made (this has a positive effect on your application).
- Submitted abstract of the oral or poster contribution.
- Applicant's CV including applicant's full address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address
Awards will be made by the Travel Awards Committee on a competitive basis. Any unspent funds will be added to the funds available for Travel Awards for the following year.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by the Chair of the Committee, by e-mail. The award will be paid directly from ESPCR AISBL to the Organizers of the 16th ESPCR meeting .
Last update: May 26, 2010