REGISTRATION/TRAVEL AWARDS OF THE EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR PIGMENT CELL RESEARCH
Next call will be announced in due time for the 18th ESPCR meeting in Lisbon (Portugal)
General rules: Applicants must:
- Be a PhD student or junior scientist (i.e. postdoctoral or medical resident).
- Be an ESPCR member in good standing (subscription paid).
- Make a contribution (oral or poster) to the conference.
- Have no other source of funds for this purpose. If funds from elsewhere are subsequently obtained, ESPCR should be informed immediately and the application for ESPCR funding withdrawn, or the ESPCR award declined/returned if already made, so that another applicant can be funded.
Please send an informal letter of application (e-mail, preferred, or ordinary mail) to :
Prof. Alessandra Napolitano, Chair, ESPCR Travel Awards Committee
Department of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
University of Naples Federico II
Complesso Universitario Monte S. Angelo
Via Cyntia 4
I-80126 Naples, Italy
- Proof of status (usually a short statement from the supervisor or Head of Department), including the date or expected date of completion of PhD or medical qualification.
- Evidence of non-availability of other funds (usually part of the statement from the supervisor or Head of Department). Please state if other applications for funding are being made (this has a positive effect on your application).
- Submitted abstract of the oral or poster contribution.
- Estimates of the costs of travel, accommodation and conference registration.
- Applicant's full address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address where available.
Awards will be made by the Travel Awards Committee on a competitive basis. Any unspent funds will be added to the funds available for Travel Awards for the following year.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by the Chair of the Committee, by letter, fax, or e-mail. The award will be paid in general after submission of all relevant receipts. In exceptional cases, the award may alternatively be paid directly to a travel agent (or hotel), and to the conference organizers, on submission of the original invoices.
Last update: September 13, 2012